HOW TO CONVERT TO ISLAM AND BECOME A MUSLIM
© All rights reserved for Outofrush.com Team
The word ‘islam’ literally has various meanings such as submission, surrender, obedience, and peace. Islam as the name of the mentioned religion means submission to the will of God and His commandments. Islam means to be in obedience to God’s teachings. The name of this religion refers to the main spirit of the teachings of all of the sacred religions.
The purpose of Islam, like all of the other sacred religions, is to help humankind reach the real happiness both in the worldly life and in the afterlife in addition to true peace of mind and surety of heart.
Islam is not a new religion because ‘submission to the will of God’ –Islam-has always been the only acceptable religion before God. In fact, religion in its true meaning is nothing but surrender and submission to the Almighty God.
In other words, obedience and submission to God is the common spirit of all of the religions, the religion of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all of the other prophets. All of the previous religions before Islam were bearers of the news of the appearance of a new religion after them but Islam. They all proclaimed that the prophetic chain will be concluded by the last prophet, Muhammad (pbuh) and Islam was supposed to end the chain of the religions. Islam frankly announced that no prophet and religion would come after it.
Islam is the most complete religion amongst the others. That is why it proclaimed the expiration of the other religions and being follower of any religion except Islam was declared illegal and unacceptable before the Almighty God as a result.
By converting to Islam:
- You will answer the call of the Almighty God concerning submission to His will and perform your obligation as a slave to your real Lord.
- You will answer the call of all of the prophets.
- You will find the real purpose of life and leave disorientation.
- You will reach true peace of mind and surety of heart.
- You will reach felicity in this earthly life as well as the afterlife.
- You will be in compliance with the most complete and the most comprehensive religion which has programs for all of the aspects of life, such as personal, political, economic, social, and cultural affairs.
- You will be able to have a first-hand relation with the Lord of the worlds without any intermediaries.
- You will feel an all-powerful and all-kind being beside you, a being who can fulfill your desires, listen to your problems and solve them, a being who is more generous to you than your mother, a being who is powerful over all things.
How to Convert to Islam
Becoming a Muslim is an easy process. All you have to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada), which is pronounced as:
I testify “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”
This sentence is the English form of writing of an Arabic sentence. These Arabic words mean: “There is no true god but the Almighty God (Allah), and Muhammad is the prophet of God.”
To hear the testimony click on the play
Once you pronounce the sentence and mean it (conviction) with understanding its meaning, then you have become a Muslim. That is all!
Note that being a real Muslim and reaching what we have already mentioned as the benefits of converting to Islam cannot be obtained only by pronouncing the Testimony of Faith but obeying the Islamic rules and being faithful in the Islamic beliefs are necessary as well such as:
- belief in the truthfulness of all of the prophets that Allah sent and the books He revealed, and His angels.
-belief that the Holy Quran is a word for word book revealed by the Almighty God to His prophet, Muhammad (pbuh).
-belief that Allah is All-Just.
- belief that the Day of Judgment is true and will come and everyone will start their new life in the hereafter according to their deeds. Wrongdoers will be punished in the Hellfire and the righteous will be rewarded in the Heavens.